Now because it is almost Thanksgiving and everyone is sooooooooooooooooo busy this time of year I invite all my readers that want to participate to consider themselves tagged! Be sure and leave me a message so I can come read your answers!
There are only two easy rules:
1. Post these rules when you participate in this meme.
2. Link to the people you tag as well as the person who tagged you.
1. Which do you like better: hosting Thanksgiving at your home, or going elsewhere?
2. Do you buy a fresh or frozen turkey? Organic? Free-range?
3. Do you make stuffing or dressing? What kind?
Absolutely make it from scratch! It’s an Oatnut Sourdough Herb Stuffing.
4. Sweet potato pie or Pumpkin pie?
Neither, it’s Pumpkin Cheesecake here.
5. Are leftovers a blessing or a curse?
Definitely a blessing. We love the leftovers for easy meals the following week and MUST HAVE turkey sandwiches.
7. What do you wish you had that might make Thanksgiving easier?
A double wall oven would be easier on my back.
8. If/when you go to someone else’s house for the holiday, do you usually bring a dish? If so, what is it? My Apricot Carrot Casserole because it is so different and blends well with whatever their menu is.
9. What do you wish one of your guests would bring to your house?
Smiles, appetites and positive attitudes.
10. What do you wish one of your guests would NOT bring to your house?
Bad attitudes coupled with deep seated arguments over politics and/or religion.
11. Do you stick with a particular menu from year to year, or do you mix it up?
12. Is Thanksgiving a religious or secular holiday in your home?
13. Share one Thanksgiving tradition.
The Thanksgiving traditions in my family seemed to dwindle as the kids grew older and then the extended families and alternate get togethers grew. We do have a traditional meal with the same traditional recipes we have always used though.
14. Share one Thanksgiving memory.
15. Name five things you’re thankful for.
- My Faith and love of God
- The love of family and friends
- A roof over our heads
- Food on the table and Dirty Dishes
- Babies & Puppies