PEPPER STEAK SOUP
1-2 tablespoons light olive oil
1 pound round steak, trimmed of fat and cut into 1 inch slices
1 medium onion, chopped
1 red pepper, sliced into thin strips
1/2 green pepper
1 cup long grain rice
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 teaspoons minced garlic (jar)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 can diced tomatoes with juice
1 tablespoon Better than Bouillon Beef Base
6 cups hot water
- In a large skillet heat olive oil
- When hot, brown the beef chunks, drain and transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add rice.
- In the same pan saute the onions until tender.
- Add the tomatoes with juice, brown sugar, salt, pepper, garlic and soy sauce.
- Bring to a slow boil.
- Pour over beef.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook 3-4 hours until beef is tender.
- Add pepper slices.
- Cook 1 more hour.
BASIC WHITE CAKE
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 JUMBO eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon maple extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9×9 inch BUNDT pan.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter.
- Add sugar and cream again.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until well blended.
- Add in the vanilla and maple extracts.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder.
- Add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Blend in the milk until batter is smooth.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.
BLACKBERRY BUTTER CREAM ICING
1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 teaspoon blackberry extract
1/8 cup blackberry jam
2 cups powdered sugar
1 +/- tablespoons milk
- With a hand mixer beat jam until VERY smooth, set aside
- The beat the softened butter until smooth
- Add the blackberry extract and beat smooth
- Gradually add the sugar, adding the 1st tablespoon of milk midway
- After adding all sugar beat until creamy adding a dash more milk if necessary
- After you fold your load of laundry use the dryer sheet to clean the dust off your TV screen.
- Mount a hook on the wall above your enclosure to hang the caddy from. Do not use shower caddies directly on the shower head bar. They really won’t hold the weight and might break off in the wall, which is what had happened here and then they ‘repaired’ it with a piece of clothing and left it to mold.
I participate in the memes: Favorite Ingredient Friday hosted by Kathryn at Overwhelmed with Joy, Homemaker Mondays hosted by Robyn at 11th Heaven’s Homemaking Haven, Making a Happy Home Monday hosted by LL at As for me and my house…, Slow Cooking Thursday & Tips on Tuesday hosted by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom, and Tempt my Tummy Tuesday hosted by Lisa at Blessed with Grace. Doing them all make great additions to help keeping me on track and finding new recipes!
Great recipes! I’m going to try the soup first. 🙂
Thanks for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.
That Pepper Steak Soup sounds so good! I think I’ll add it to my recipes. Thanks!!
I think I blew my diet, just reading this.. SOUNDS SOOO GOOD!!!
moth watering here..lol
Thanks for sharing…My family will LOVE!
I love all the recipes together. Thank you for sharing.
Your soup recipe sounds phenomenal!
Thanks for participating.
That cake looks really good!
Hmm…Your learning room entry is cryptic. How interesting. 🙂
I always love how you put all these into one single post 🙂
Comments are closed.