My good friend Barbara made us some great code to make it easy to use this button. What is this all about? Go here for all the details.
If you like to play along, please add this button, link to this post with your recipe and sign Mr. Linky . Be sure to include your recipe in parenthesis following your name. Thanks and have fun. Don’t forget to leave a comment and visit everyone.
CREAMY CHICKEN & CHEESE PASTA
8 ounces bowtie pasta (or pasta of your choice)
¼ cup flour
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin
1¼ cups grated Gruyere cheese
2 tablespoons butter
1½ pounds chicken tenders
2 teaspoons minced garlic, jar
2 tablespoons white wine
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook and drain pasta according to package directions.
- Whisk together the flour, salt and milk in a large skillet. Stir thoroughly to combine. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Cook until slightly thick, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in ¾ cup of the cheese, stirring until melted. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add chicken and brown on both sides. Generously sprinkle the chicken pieces with salt and pepper while browning. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onions and garlic and cook over medium-high heat until garlic is fragrant and onions are tender.
- Add wine and , Italian seasoning, pepper flakes and cook until heated through.
- In a large bowl add the pasta and chicken to the cheese mixture and toss to combine.
- Portion into oven proof pasta bowls sprayed with PURE or a 2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese melts and begins to brown.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
This sounds like a great recipe, and it looks delicious!
Glad to help you out! Not sure what button Alice is referring to, but if you need help with code for that one too, let me know.
I really like the new button even though I don’t participate in Simply Delicious Sunday Recipes. It is eye catching! The creamy chicken and cheese pasta sounds lovely so I will be trying that. Thanks for the recipe!
I really must give this recipe a try. I love most anything made with chicken!
Does this mean I can’t use the old button/link anymore?
Great — I have chicken for tonight too! I was agonizing over what to do with the chicken since this morning and you just gave me an idea 🙂
Sorry for being away for awhile…
We Ate This!
Another good one to add to our pasta repertoire. Our son LOVES pasta, especially bow ties.
(Thanks for letting Marcia know about my chocolate roundup! 🙂 )
I have chicken in the fridge to use so I came here to find a recipe! You’re not officially my go-to site for new yummy recipes.
I’m making this one tonight!!
Thanks for the comment you left on my blog about the upcoming chocolate recipe roundup. I linked my post w/ the Mocha Java Sorbet recipe to your recipe swap, as well. Have a great day!
What a cute button! Mmmm, that pasta dish sounds so good. I need to make that one soon!
Have a wonderful Saturday!
Comments are closed.