PARSNIP PUREE POTATO SKINS
1 1/2 pounds parsnips, peeled & cut into 1 inch pieces
2 medium potatoes, baked & scooped out
1 green onion, sliced thin
2 tablespoons sour cream
3-4 ounces grated cheddar cheese
1/4-1/2 cup heavy cream
4 tablespoons butter, melted
pinch of nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add parsnips and boil 20-25 minutes until extremely tender.
- Bake potatoes in oven or microwave. Halve them and scoop out the insides.
- Puree the cooled parsnips and potato insides until smooth.
- Add butter, sour cream, salt, pepper, nutmeg and heavy cream and blend well.
- Fill potato shells with puree. This makes enough to also fill 2 compotes for another meal later in the week.
- Top with grated cheese and green onion
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Increase to broil and brown tops for a minute or so.