DEATH BY CHOCOLATE CAKE
1 3/4 cups all-purpose white flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup Hershey’s cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 JUMBO eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup safflower oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon maple extract
1 cup strong hot black coffee
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly coat Bundt pan with PURE.
- Dust the pan with cocoa. Using the cocoa instead of flour will not leave a white residue on your cake.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add buttermilk, brown sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Whisk in the hot coffee until well blended, the batter will be quite thin.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes or so and then invert on plate and let cool completely.
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup Hershey’s cocoa
1-2 tablespoons buttermilk, or low-fat milk
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, vanilla and maple extracts and enough of the buttermilk to make a thick but pourable icing.
- Drizzle the icing over the top.