hosted by Joy at ThEKrAzYkItChEn
hosted by Kristen at ThEKrAzYkItChEn
DEATH BY CHOCOLATE CAKE
1 3/4 cups all-purpose white flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup Hershey’s cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 JUMBO eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup safflower oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon maple extract
1 cup strong hot black coffee
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly coat Bundt pan with PURE.
- Dust the pan with cocoa. Using the cocoa instead of flour will not leave a white residue on your cake.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add buttermilk, brown sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Whisk in the hot coffee until well blended, the batter will be quite thin.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes or so and then invert on plate and let cool completely.
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup Hershey’s cocoa
1-2 tablespoons buttermilk, or low-fat milk
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, vanilla and maple extracts and enough of the buttermilk to make a thick but pourable icing.
- Drizzle the icing over the top.
Tasty Tuesday is hosted by Jen over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam. Tuesdays at the Table is normally hosted by Andrea over at My Chihauhau Bites, but Andrea is taking a break and it is being hosted by Cole at All the Small Stuff for a while. Tempt my Tummy Tuesday is hosted by Lisa at Blessed with Grace. Vintage Recipe Thursday is hosted by Joy at Joy of desserts and Favorite Ingredient Friday is hosted by Overwhelmed with Joy.
Oh! How yummy! The name alone says it all!
I LOVE CHOCOLATE!!!! If I had a choose on how I could die it would be by chocolate. THANKS!!!! for the YUMMY!!! recipe.
This would make the perfect birthday cake for my son’s birthday next week. Thanks for sharing Tamy! 🙂
This would make the perfect birthday cake for my son this month! Thanks for sharing Tamy! 🙂
AWESOME!!!!! You are my kind of blogger!! Nothing better than chocolate. Thanks for linking to TMTT.
YUMMY!! Thanks for sharing. 🙂
Mmmmm, that sounds so delicious!
I’m having my first giveaway, come and have a look 🙂
Yum, Tamy! I recently came across a site called LIFE by chocolate! I think we should make that our new motto. 🙂 We can start by making and eating this cake!
Yum, Tamy. I came across a site called LIFE by chocolate. I think that could be our new motto. 🙂
I am ready for death!! :))
There is no way that I would not absolutely love this!!!! Thanks for posting it. Hubby has seen it and says that it is my next cooking project:) Come share your slow cooker recipes at Crock Pot Wednesday. I would love to see you there. diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com
What a GREAT!!! way to die. THANKS!!! Geri
Thank you for this, I will make this for my birthday next week.
Comments are closed.