I don’t eat out much, especially for breakfast, but I do have a soft spot for IHOP’s Swedish Pancakes with Lingonberries and Lingonberry butter. It took me awhile, but I have finally created a recipe so similar most people would not be able to tell the difference. These are thin pancakes. I make them about 8 inches round and then fold over once or twice.
SWEDISH PANCAKES with LINGONBERRY BUTTER and LINGONBERRIES
1/2 cup sifted flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 JUMBO eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon maple extract
1 cup 4% small curd cottage cheese
- Preheat griddle* or crepe pan
- Sift flour and salt together. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs, milk, vanilla and maple extracts together.
- Add the oil and beat again until sooth.
- Add cottage cheese and beat until completely smooth.**
- Gradually add the flour until a smooth consistency.
- Pour 1/4-1/3 cup of batter onto griddle or crepe pan.
- Cook a minute or two on each side.
- Top with Lingonberry butter and Lingonberries.
*I used a third cup measure and my large griddle. This made 5 at a time.
**I used my mini food chopper to grind the cottage cheese and it worked great and much faster.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup lingonberries
The Swedish pancakes and lingonberries look delicious! I need to try that!
Comments are closed.