CHOCOLATE PINEAPPLE CREAM CHEESE PASTRIES
1 package Puff Pastry Sheets (2 sheets)
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1 egg, beaten
4 ounces Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1-8 ounce can crushed pineapple, well drained
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons hot water
- Thaw the pastry sheets at room temperature until they’re easy to handle (about 45 minutes).
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°.
- Line baking sheet with silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Beat together the softened cream cheese, sugar and pineapple.
- Unfold pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 10-inch square. Cut the pastry sheet into 4 (5-inch) squares. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture in the center of each pastry square.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Brush the edges of the pastry squares with the egg.
- Fold each pastry in half over the cream cheese mixture and chocolate chips and press the edges to seal.
- Place the filled pastries onto the baking sheets.
- Brush the tops of the pastries with the egg.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pastries are golden. Let cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes. Remove the pastries to a wire rack and let cool.
- Place the remaining chocolate chips and the butter into a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds or until the chocolate is starting to melt. Stir until the chocolate mixture is smooth. Stir in the confectioners’ sugar. Stir in the water, adding additional water, if necessary, until the icing is the desired consistency.
- Drizzle the icing over the pastries.