My favorite all time cheesecake is the Banana Cream at the Cheesecake factory with gooey hot fudge, caramel, fresh sliced bananas and fresh whipped cream. We recently took my mom for her birthday and I was reminded that I had yet to duplicate that recipe.
Well it bugged me enough that I believe I have finally developed a recipe that compares with the Cheesecake Factory. I do like my square pan though – makes for easier slicing.
BANANA CREAM CHEESECAKE
20 vanilla cream-filled sandwich style cookies
1/4 cup butter, melted
3-8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3/4 cup finely mashed banana (2 medium bananas)
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon maple extract
- Use a blender to finely chop the cookies.
- Add butter and blend until they are well blended.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 10″ springform pan and smooth it out.
- Refrigerate the crust while you make the filling.
- Beat cream cheese until creamy.
- Add in sugar and cornstarch followed by the eggs one at a time.
- Beat in the bananas, whipping cream, and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into crust.
- Place pan on a cookie sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 200 degrees and bake an additional 75 minutes, or until center is almost set.
- Allow to cool completely before removing sides. Before removing the pan, run warm water over a knife and slide a knife around the edge of the cake to separate the cake from the pan cleanly.
- Refrigerate cheesecake, uncovered, at least 6 hours.
- Serve with sliced fresh bananas, Caramel Sauce, Hot Fudge Sauce and fresh whipped cream.