BANANA NUT MUFFINS or BANANA BLUEBERRY NUT MUFFINS
1 cup packed golden brown sugar
2 sticks of butter, softened
2 jumbo eggs
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 VERY ripe bananas*
1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan melt one stick of butter.
- Puree bananas.
- Add brown sugar, raisins and pureed banana. Stir until well blended and remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together 1 stick of butter, eggs and sugar.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Gradually add flour mixture into creamed mixture until well blended.
- Add in the brown sugar mixture until smooth and consistent.
- If making the Banana Blueberry version, fold in the blueberries last.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
*to make Banana Blueberry Nut use one less banana and add 1+ cup blueberries.