This is a BIG family favorite and the recipe varies depending on who in the family is preparing it. Some people use Jimmy Dean’s HOT sausage, some use bacon, some use all ham… some use cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom… some use Monterey Jack cheese or a combo of lots of cheeses… some like plain white bread or wheat… There are so many possibilities!
Christmas Morning Brunch Casserole*
1 package Jimmy Dean Bulk Sausage
1 cup diced ham
6 slices sourdough bread
2 cups milk
1 can cream of celery soup
salt and pepper
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Spray he bottom of a 9×13 baking dish with PURE.
- Brown sausage and drain fat.
- Scatter sausage and ham along the bottom.
- Layer bread evenly over meat.
- Whisk together the soup, milk, eggs and seasonings.
- Pour over bread layer.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
*For Christmas morning I make this ahead a few weeks, but do not bake it. On the evening of the 23rd I take it from the freezer to the refrigerator and let it defrost. When we get up on Christmas morning I preheat the oven and pop it in. When we’re ready, so is brunch!