BANANA RAISIN NUT BREAD OR CAKE
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, 1/2 soft & 1/2 melted
2 jumbo eggs
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 cup golden raisins, currants or craisins
1/2 cup crushed walnuts
2 large, RIPE bananas
1 small can pineapple, well drained BUT RESERVED
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Combine the melted butter, brown sugar and bananas in a sauce pan.
- Cook until smooth and then add pineapple, nuts and raisins.
- Stir until well coated & set aside to cool.
- Cream softened butter, sugar and eggs until fluffy.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add this to the creamed mixture gradually until well blended.
- Add cooled banana mixture.
- Pour into greased and floured pan(s)*
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45+ minutes.
*This recipe will make 2 large loaves or 1 cake. If making bread, skip the frosting.
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
juice of 1 small lemon
1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla. Beat until blended.
- Add powdered sugar gradually until well blended and smooth.
- Refrigerate 1 hour to set icing before serving.
reserved pineapple juice
jigger mojito mix
- Mix and enjoy!