I found this recipe in an old Taste of Home magazine that I bought at a library book sale – best book sale I’ve been too in a long, long time. I spent $9.80 at the sale and then calculated the retail prices of all the books and magazines plus tax ($309.73) and found I saved $299.93 when all was said and done!
I did make a few changes to the original recipe which are indicated in green and the items I removed are in red. I have to tell you this was one of the easiest brunch items I’ve ever made. Crisp and tasty too!
HASH BROWN HAM & CHEESE QUICHE
3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
4 tablespoons butter, divided 1 + 3 tablespoons
1 cup shredded jack cheese
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
+1 large bunch green onions, sliced
+6 button mushrooms, sliced
1 cup cooked ham, diced
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
-1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Thaw hash browns between paper towels to absorb excess moisture.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray 9 inch pie plate* with PURE.
- Press hash browns into the bottom and along the sides of the pie plate.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter and drizzle it all over the hash browns.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes until edges are browned.
- While these are browning, melt remaining tablespoon of butter in a small skillet and saute’ green onions and mushrooms.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cheese and ham chunks. Layer over potatoes.
- In a small bowl whisk together the whipping cream, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the ham layer.
- Bake uncovered 20-25 minutes or until set in the center.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
*next time I will use an 8×8 baking dish for ease of serving.
Sounds yummy! Great deal at the sale, what a find!
Darn, I was going to make this in the morning but no whipping cream, so it will be Sunday morning
Would you like to tell my library that it’s about time they had a book sale? K thanks.
This looks delicious. So much cheese and ham goodness…I would be in heaven eating it.
Comments are closed.