According to Wikipedia Drunken Chicken is a name given to many different ways of cooking chicken that all involve alcohol. A western version (also known as beer can chicken, dancing chicken or chicken on a throne) is made by standing a prepared chicken upright on a partially filled can of beer and cooking it slowly in a barbecue or oven. The can goes into the opening of the chicken so that the beer evaporates and permeates the cooking chicken. It received the name dancing chicken due to way the chicken wobbles once the beer has evaporated and due to the fact the chicken is flavored with evaporated beer. The wobbling and falling usually indicates the chicken is done This means I already have a drunken chicken recipe with my Tropical Roasted Chicken, but thought I’d try for another!
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons butter
1 ounce Curacao
1 ounce Bacardi rum
1 bunch green onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 broccoli crown, cleaned and separated
1 can diced garlic & onion tomatoes, drained but reserve juice
salt & pepper to taste
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups egg noodles
- Pierce each chicken breast several times with a fork.
- Combine the rum and Curacao in an airtight tupperware.
- Add chicken and marinade for several hours over overnight.
- Prepare egg noodles according to package directions.
- Steam broccoli to JUST tender.
- In a small saucepan melt 3 tablespoons butter.
- Sprinkle with flour and make roux.
- Combine the marinade and reserved tomato juice and add to roux.
- Cook over medium heat until thickens slightly.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over a medium heat.
- Drain chicken, retaining marinade.
- Saute chicken, garlic and green onions together, salt and peppering to taste.
- Add tomatoes and heat through.
- Add broccoli until warmed through.
- Plate over egg noodles.
- Pour sauce over top.