This was from another scrap of recipe I found in gram’s things. I don’t know if she ever made it, but pork chops and beer in the same sentence got hubby’s interest and so we had some fun experimenting with this recipe.
BOHEMIAN PORK CHOPS aka PORK CHOPS IN BEER GRAVY
4-6 thick boneless pork chops
1 small onion, cut into thin rings
1 stalk celery, chopped
3 tablespoons flour
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup water
1 beer ~ your favorite flavor
- In a large skillet, melt butter.
- Brown pork chops, generously salting and peppering.
- Remove pork chops, keep warm.
- Saute’ onion and celery until soft and translucent.
- Add flour, stirring until golden.
- Add water, stirring until well blended.
- Add beer and simmer until begins to thicken.
- Add pork chops back in and heat through.