1 Jumbo egg
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 large slice white bread, crusts removed, and bread torn into 1-inch pieces
8 ounces ground pork, double ground
8 ounces ground beef, double ground
1 medium onion, grated or minced
1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons table salt
Olive Oil, heavy coat
- Whisk egg and cream together in small bowl. Stir in bread and set aside to soak.
- Blend hamburger & pork, onion, nutmeg, allspice, pepper, brown sugar, and salt smooth and uniform.
- Using fork, mash bread mixture until no large dry bread chunks remain.
- Add mixture to beef mixture and blend until well mixed.
- Form meat loaves.
- Bake 45-60 minutes.
- During the last 10-15 minutes prepare the sauce.
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons juice from 1 lemon
Table salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter, add flour and cook, stirring constantly with whisk, until flour is light brown.
- Slowly whisk in broth.
- Add brown sugar and bring to simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until sauce is reduced to about 1 cup, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cream and return to simmer.
- Add meatballs back to sauce and simmer, turning occasionally, until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice; season with salt and pepper to taste and serve over noodles.
Hey Tam, what size pan do you use? Only 1 lb of meat but it makes two loaves?
Comments are closed.