OVEN BBQ CHICKEN
Whole chicken pieces cut up, washed and dried
BBQ Marinade (recipe below)
BBQ Seasoning (recipe below)
BBQ Sauce (recipe below)
- Rinse Chicken well and pat dry.
- Loosely layer chicken pieces in a large bowl and pour BBQ marinade over and sprinkling BBQ seasoning over each layer.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator 30 minutes before you plan to put it in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a jelly roll pan with PURE.
- Place chicken pieces on pan.
- Generously brush with BBQ sauce.
- Bake 45 minutes or until cooked through and crisp.
- Brush with more BBQ sauce.
2 cloves roasted garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes, crushed
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
1 tablespoon sugar
2-3 tablespoons BBQ seasoning
1/3 cup Champagne vinegar
1 cup vegetable oil (I prefer Canola)
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together until well blended.
- Add oil, whisking until dry ingredients are well incorporated.
1 1/2 cups paprika
3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Blend ingredients together well.
- Store in an airtight container.
2 cups Heinz ketchup
1 cup apple juice
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
5 packed tablespoons light brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, smashed
2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
2 teaspoons onion powder
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large saucepan combine all the ingredients, stirring to blend.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for an hour, stirring frequently.
This is some nice looking BBQ chicken! Yum!
Looks wonderful! All the ingredients go so well together.
mmmmmmmm…barbecue!! Looks fantastic…I’d love a piece of that right now…forget that it’s 6:20 in the morning!!
Comments are closed.