2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
4 ounces orange juice with pulp
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon apple pie spice
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons golden raisins
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons hot water
- Thaw the pastry sheets at room temperature until they’re easy to handle (about 45 minutes).
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°.
- Whisk the orange juice, apple pie spice, brown sugar and sugar together in a medium saucepan. Bring to a low boil.
- Add apple pieces and raisins.
- Line baking sheet with silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Unfold pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 10-inch square. Cut the pastry sheet into 4 (5-inch) squares. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of apple mixture into center of square.
- Brush the edges of the pastry squares with the egg.
- Fold each pastry in half over the apple mixture and press the edges to seal.
- Place the filled pastries onto the baking sheets.
- Brush the tops of the pastries with the egg.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pastries are golden. Let cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes. Remove the pastries to a wire rack and let cool.
- Place the butter into a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds. Stir in the confectioners’ sugar. Stir in the water, adding additional water, if necessary, until the icing is the desired consistency.
- Drizzle the icing over the pastries.
*If you’re in a hurry, you can substitute a can of crescent rolls and have a similar dessert.
They look and sound delicious!
thanks everyone – I LOVE puff pastry – so many ways you can use it! And welcome to the Magic Pumpkin, thank you for joining us. I look forward to browsing your blog this evening.
What a great recipe. Puff pastry is amazing and so is this.
Browsing the blogs, I ended up here in yours.
I love your blog: Recipes, graphics, all the interesting content.
I have added to your followers so you do not lose more sight.
I took the liberty to take your banner and put it in my home page … you like to exchange your banner?
If you like, go and see, you’re welcome.
The Magic Pumpkin
Your pastries is just awesome!
this cahe looks delicios….see you sooon simmy
Comments are closed.