CHICKEN SCALLOPINI IN BRANDY SAUCE
For 4 People
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced in 1/2 horizontally**
3+ tablespoons butter
½ cup brandy
Juice of 1 lemon
salt and pepper
- Wash and dry the slices after slicing them in half and removing any excess fat.
- Melt 2-3 tablespoons of butter in large skillet.
- Dredge the chicken slices and place in the pan.
- Brown them, salt and peppering them generously.
- Set aside, keeping warm.
- Add the remaining butter, brandy and juice of a lemon to the pan, scraping the bottom for any chicken pieces. Blend well. Let sauce start to thicken.
- When sauce has just about reached desired thickness, return the chicken slices to the pan, covering well with the sauce.
- Serve immediately.
** I used breast tenders this time and it was great!
Taste: Both savory and sweet, tangy and rich.
Texture: Tender caramelized onions on top and fork tender.
Ease: Super easy and quick.
Appearance: Appetizing and visually appealing.
Pros: Addicting and wonderful for entertaining.
Would I make this again? Yes.