- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup refrigerated eggnog
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red candied cherries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line an 8″X4″ loaf pan with aluminum foil; butter foil, and set aside.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a 4-quart heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Wash down crystals from sides of pan, using a pastry brush dipped in hot water. Insert a candy thermometer into eggnog mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thermometer registers 238°. Remove from heat and cool, undisturbed, until temperature drops to 190° (15 to 18 minutes).
- Stir in pecans and remaining 3 ingredients; beat with a wooden spoon until fudge thickens and just begins to lose its gloss (5 to 8 minutes). Pour candy into prepared pan. Cool completely; cut into squares.
Christmas with Southern Living, 2005, Southern Living
I have got to try this! I love eggnog.
Comments are closed.