TUNA CAKES with FRENCH REMOULADE SAUCE
12 ounce can all white albacore tuna, drained well**
1 large egg
1/8 cup mayonnaise
sea salt, to taste
white pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon green Tabasco sauce
1/4 cup champagne vinegar
1/2 cup safflower oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 cup powdered sugar
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk egg until golden and consistency is smooth.
- Add mayonnaise, salt, pepper and green Tabasco sauce, whisking until well blended.
- Add enough panko crumbs to make a paste.
- Add tuna and blend well.
- Form 6 cakes or logs.
- Set cakes on paper towels and chill 30 minutes. The paper towels will draw out excess moisture
- In a cast iron pan melt butter.
- Roll cakes in panko crumbs.
- When butter is frothy, add tuna cakes.
- Brown each side until golden.
- In a food processor mix together all the sauce ingredients until well blended.
- Microwave 1 minute until hot.
- Pour over tuna cakes and enjoy.
**Crab or Salmon works well too.
Comments are closed.