Inspired by Amy at New Nostalgia
HOMEMADE CHEEZ-IT CRACKERS
1 cup flour
4 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small squares
1 (8-ounce) bag grated extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in food processor, and pulse until crumbly.
- Add cold water, a tablespoon at a time, until dough comes together.
- Form into ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Place dough between two pieces of plastic wrap or parchment paper, and roll out to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Transfer to parchment-lined baking sheet, and, using pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut into 1 inch squares.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt and bake for 25 minutes.
- Test for crispiness; crackers may take a few minutes more to finish crisping.
- Remove from oven when crisp and just starting to brown.
- Let cool and serve.
They were good. I was thinking about try self-rising flour and rolling them thinner.
I love homemade crackers. The cayenne makes this one look like a must try.
oh that sounds delicious! Definitely not on my eating plan. i would eat the whole thing at one time!
Tell Alexis I was thinking of using self rising flour next time and making them thinner.
Alexis has been wanting to try her hand at making crackers, this is a good jumping off point.
LOL I couldn’t find a rolling pin, so they were a bit thick, but really tasty according to hubby.
Sounds delicious but doesn’t look like crackers, looks more like a cheesy bread. How were they?
Comments are closed.