4-6 slices extra sour sourdough bread, toasted
4 slices white American cheese
12 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
4-6 eggs, fried over medium
1 medium tomato, chopped**
2 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoon flour
salt and pepper
1 cup milk
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
4 green onions, thinly sliced
**I used sliced here, but it is much better with chopped.
- Spread each piece of toast with mayonnaise.
- Cut each piece into small chunks.
- Arrange toast, mayonnaise side up in a buttered 9×9 baking dish.
- Top with American cheese slices.
- Top with crumbled bacon pieces.
- Fry eggs in bacon grease and place on top of bacon pieces.
- Top with tomato chunks.
- Preheat oven to 325˚.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter.
- Add flour, salt and pepper whisk until smooth.
- Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil, cook, stirring constantly until smooth and thick.
- Pour over tomato chunks.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and onions.
- Bake uncovered for 10 minutes.