SALAMI PASTA with FENNEL
2 tablespoons avocado oil
1/3 pound salami, cut into thin strips (I used a combination of hard salami and Genoa)
1 small fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced (reserve fronds)
1 Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
fresh ground pepper
1 large lemon, juiced
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 pound pasta (I used shells, she used spaghetti)
- Add avocado oil to a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add salami strips, separating them as you go. Cook until crispy, stirring frequently. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Reduce the heat. Add onions, fennel, garlic and thyme sauteing until tender and beginning to brown.
- Add salt, pepper and wine to deglaze the pan.
- Add chicken broth simmering until begins to thicken slightly.
- Add lemon juice.
- Add salami pieces back in.
- Add prepared pasta and several of the fennel fronds and toss well.
- Plate and top with Parmesan flakes and fennel pieces for garnish.