1/2 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
2 heaping tablespoons sugar
1 ripe banana, sliced
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pint vanilla ice cream
1/2 cup milk whole
strawberries, for garnish
- Slice the strawberries into a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle sugar over top.
- Pour vanilla extract and champagne over strawberries.
- Set aside for at least 20 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Drain the strawberries.
- Slice the banana.
- In a blender, place the strawberries, banana slices, ice cream, and milk.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into chilled glasses and garnish the rim of each glass with whole strawberries.
- Serve immediately.