Good Morning! I had a great weekend and am ready for an even greater new week. It’s Monday morning and I’m really enjoying getting back into a regular routine here at my new and improved blog. I join in with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Be sure and stop by to see what it’s all about!
- A big cup of coffee, fresh fruit (pineapple, apricots and grapes) and toast.
- Pool first to avoid the warmer water from the humidity of the recent storms and then the gym.
- Fix the washing machine.
- Chores, shopping and doctor appointment.
Whatever strikes our fancy off the DVR. I try not to plan this in advance and just go with the flow at least until the NEW Fall schedule starts.
|MONDAY||8/11||YOGURT||Black Bean Chicken Nachos|
|TUESDAY||8/12||CEREAL||Pink Lemon Chicken|
|WEDNESDAY||8/13||YOGURT||Chicken & Tomato Spinach Salad|
|THURSDAY||8/14||FRUIT||Kentucky Hot Brown|
|FRIDAY||8/15||Buttermilk Waffles||Baked White Fish|
|SATURDAY||8/16||Buttermilk Cinnamon Pancakes||Twisted Pepper Steak|
|SUNDAY||8/17||Shirred Eggs||Enchiladas Rancheras Lasagna|
Do a little quilting and finish a few older projects though I have yet to have a few minutes to myself LOL like that’s going to happen.
I have a list of tons of recipes I want to try, but I’m trying to go with the most unusual first. So this week it is MOINK balls. Stay posted for the results.
As I combine all my old blogs into this new one I’m also keeping a list of those recipes that I cannot in good conscience bring over until I remake them and take some decent pictures LOL.
The garden is finally finished! Rock terrain with heat resistant and drought resistant plants and a special corner for Dickens.
Now for something fun and easy – cleaning the silver. Yep, you heard me right, cleaning the silver. FIL wanted the silver polished. I have news for you, I don’t polish silver! I even sold my own and replaced it with gorgeous stainless, but I found this quick, easy AND super inexpensive recipe for cleaning silver! Here is the before picture:
per large piece or place setting you will need:
1/2 cup baking soda
1 tablespoon salt
1 large piece aluminum foil
1 non-metal sink or wash tub
- Lay large piece of foil along the bottom of the sink.
- Fill the sink with VERY HOT water.
- Swirl in the baking soda and salt until well dissolved.
- Add silver or silverplate piece.
- Watch the magic. Allow it to sit a few minutes. The chemical reaction of the salt and baking soda transfers the tarnish to the piece of foil leaving you with a pretty silver piece.
- Rinse and dry!
CHALLENGE: Is your guest area ready for guests?
I’ve been trying to clean out my feedly and so many of my favorite blogs are just gone – so sad. But I ran across Dorothy at Crazy for Crust that used to be one of my favorites and found she’s still cooking up a storm.
Wondering why Acronyms and Avatars have taken over the world!