SWEET CORN SOUP
7 ears sweet white corn, kernels removed
1 large leeks, whites only, chopped
1 small Vidalia onion, chopped
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons sea salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup + 2 tablespoons heavy cream
3 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons cornstarch
Juice of 1 lime
- In a large stock pot saute’ the corn, onion and leeks until translucent, 5 minutes or so.
- Add sugar and cook a few minutes more.
- Add stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes or so.
- Add heavy cream and simmer 15 minutes more.
- Whisk together water and cornstarch until well blended.
- Add lime juice, salt, pepper and cornstarch mixture until well blended.
- Puree and strain.