ROASTED WHITE FISH with CITRUS BUTTER SAUCE
2 tart lemons, sliced
2 tangerines, juiced with pulp
4 green onions, sliced thin
4 tablespoons butter, sliced
1 cup white Moscato wine
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon celery flakes
4-6 ounce pieces of Cod, Tilapia or other white fish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put 3 slices of the butter in the freezer to chill.
- In a large skillet sear lemons for about 2 minutes each side. Set lemon slices aside.
- Sprinkle fish pieces with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to the same pan. Quickly coat each each fish piece in melted butter.
- Transfer fish slices to a baking dish.
- Cover fish with lemon slices.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until fish begins to flake.
- While fish is roasting, deglaze pan with the wine.
- Add tangerine juice with pulp, green onions and celery flakes bringing it to a boil.
- When reduced by half add butter from freezer, one slice at a time until smooth and caramelized.
- Immediately serve fish and top with sauce.