This is the perfect casserole for Christmas morning. You can prepare it the day before and leave it in the refrigerator over night so it’s ready to pop in just before the early morning festivities are beginning. By the time your floor is full of torn paper and ribbons and as everyone realizes they’re hungry, the smells of this delicious casserole are reaching them and they are so grateful you thought ahead!
HOME ON THE RANGE BRUNCH CASSEROLE
3 cups frozen shredded hash browns
3/4 cup shredded cheddar/Jack cheese combo
1 cup small diced ham pieces
1 small bunch green onions, sliced thin
1 4 ounce can green chiles, drained REALLY well
1 1/2 cups milk
4 JUMBO eggs, beaten
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 2 quart baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Arrange potatoes loosely at the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half the cheese.
- Sprinkle ham pieces, green chiles and onion pieces on top of cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over the potato mixture.
- Top loosely with the remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered 40 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve with salsa, taco sauce or sour cream.