I love this recipe! It can be made one of 2 ways, slow cooker or quick and easy. It just depends on whether I’ve just gotten home from Costco with a batch of their rotisserie chicken parts or in the slow cooker when thighs are on sale. Yep, they now sell just leg quarters from yesterday’s rotisserie chickens at a much reduced price.
You can also choose to use bottle dressing or make your own. I tend to use bottle when I’m using the Costco chicken to make it quick and easy. Using the Costco chicken also gives you the added option of making the recipe cold OR hot.
CHICKEN CAESAR SAMMIES ala Rotisserie OR Slow Cooker
6 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 cup Caesar dressing
1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in slow cooker skin side up.
- Cook on low 5-6 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker.
- Remove skin and bones, shredding the chicken into a bowl.
- Add dressing and cheese, mixing until well incorporated.
- Serve on rolls.
CAESAR DRESSING makes 1 1/2 cups
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon anchovy
Juice from one lemon
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the garlic, anchovy paste, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, whisking until well combined.
- Taste and adjust to taste. Use immediately.
NOTE: Since I’m deathly allergic to mustard I make this recipe without the mustard, split the batch and then add ALL the mustard to my husband’s half. He loves it.