CINNAMON SWIRL LOAF adapted from Lauren’s Latest
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup super fine granulated sugar
2 LARGE eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon PURE vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2+ teaspoon quality cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon molasses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease light colored loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In large bowl, mix together the oil, butter and sugar until well combined.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla stirring until smooth.
- Sift in dry ingredients and gently stir while pouring in buttermilk until uniform batter has formed. Scrape sides to ensure no lumps are present.
- Remove 1/2 cup prepared batter from bowl and place in a smaller bowl.
- To that smaller amount of batter, stir in the cinnamon and molasses.
- Pour half of the prepared batter into the bottom of the loaf pan.
- Spoon half of the cinnamon batter in small dollops over top the batter.
- Pour remaining plain batter over the top.
- Dot the top with remaining cinnamon batter.
- Using a butter knife, swirl two batters together.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 cup super fine granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2+ teaspoon quality ground cinnamon
- While loaf is baking, get coating ready.
- Pour melted butter into a large shallow dish.
- Stir sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon together in a separate large shallow dish.
- Cool loaf for 10 minutes before loosening edges and removing loaf from pan.
- The loaf should be very warm, but cool enough to handle with your hands.
- Dip each side of loaf into melted butter until fully coated.
- Spoon remaining melted butter over the edges that tend to be more crispy.
- Transfer buttery loaf to the cinnamon-sugar mixture and press into the sides and top until fully coated.
- Slice into pieces and serve warm or at room temperature.