CHEESY MUSHROOM CHICKEN
2 PLUMP skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced very thin
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 ounces sherry wine
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoon Better than Chicken Bouillon
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon Avocado oil
2 slices Havarti Cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat butter and avocado oil in a large skillet.
- Season both sides of the chicken.
- Brown chicken on both sides just until golden.
- Transfer chicken to a small baking dish and place in oven to finish cooking, about 15 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and saute’ until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Add shallots, and cook 2 minutes more.
- Whisk together the sherry wine, chicken bouillon, mustard and cream.
- Gradually stir into mushroom mixture and bring to a SLOW BOIL.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Just before bringing the chicken from the oven add the cheese and allow to melt.
- Serve immediately.
Leave a reply