LEMON PEPPER PORK CHOPS
4 thick boneless pork chops
fresh ground salt and pepper, to taste
2 + 2 tablespoons butter, divided
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 tablespoon Wondra flour
1 shallot, sliced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and minced
1/2 cup diced grape tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup Barefoot white moscato
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup lemon curd
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter and avocado oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Season pork chops with fresh ground salt and pepper.
- Add pork chops to butter and oil, browning well on both sides – 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Remove pork chops to a plate and keep warm in oven.
- Add shallots, garlic, tomatoes and peppers to butter, sautéing 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over shallots and peppers, stirring until flour is golden brown.
- Add wine and de-glaze pan for a couple minutes.
- Add chicken broth and cook 2-3 minutes more.
- Whisk in lemon curd and cook 3-4 minutes until thickened.
ORANGE MARMALADE BEETS
1/2 cup orange marmalade
6 tablespoons orange juice
1/3 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cans sliced beets. drained VERY well
- In a large skillet combine everything but the beets, stirring to blend well.
- Bring to a boil, cooking and stirring 5 minutes until thickened.
- Add beets and cook 5 minutes more r until most of the liquid is absorbed.