SEA SALT & CARAMEL RICE KRISPY TREATS
8 cups Rice Krispies
50 Kraft caramels
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup + 1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 bag mini marshmallows
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 teaspoons sea salt flakes
- In a medium sauce pan over a low-medium heat stir together the sweetened condensed milk, the caramels and 1/4 cup unsalted butter until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with foil, extending over the edge.
- Spray with non-stick PURE or PAM.
- Melt butter in large sauce pan.
- Add marshmallows and stir until just melted.
- Add vanilla, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 cup of caramel sauce and stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in rice krispies until evenly coated.
- Press into pan**.
- Cool completely.
- Pour remaining caramel over rice kripy treats and spread even with a spatula.
- Sprinkle remaining sea salt over top.
- Store in an airtight container.
**I use a stainless steel spatula that has been sprayed with PURE to keep it from sticking. It helps to press down firmly to get an even level.
Yet another wonderful twist to a recipe!! Yum!! Thanks for sharing at Fiesta Friday!
Wow, I’m definitely going to make this recipe! Thanks for sharing at the Weekend Blog Hop at My Flagstaff Home! –Jennifer
[…] Sea Salt & Caramel Rice Krispy Treats by Chasing my Life Wherever it Leads Me […]
Thank you for sharing at #OverTheMoon. Pinned and shared. Have a lovely week. I hope to see you at next week’s party too!
These looks delicious! Thanks for sharing with us at the Snickerdoodle Link Party! This will be one of my features tomorrow!
THANK YOU SO MUCH. I really appreciate the feature!
Not a fan of rice crispy treats, but I think even I’d like these!! Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe at the What’s for Dinner party! Have a fantastic weekend and hope to see you at the new party on Sunday!
Your Sea Salt Caramel Rice Krispy Treats looks awesome! Hope you have a fantastic week and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.