This cake is PERFECTLY moist EVERY time and requires no icing unless you want a dusting of powdered sugar.
BANANA PINEAPPLE SOUR CREAM PUDDING CAKE
8 ounce can crushed pineapple in juice (DO NOT DRAIN)
1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
18 ounce yellow cake mix
7 ounce package Jell-O INSTANT banana pudding mix
4 LARGE eggs
1 cup FULL FAT sour cream
1⁄4 cup oil
- In a small bowl, combine pineapple and the baking soda; mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients; stir in pineapple.
- Blend, then beat at medium speed with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-inch Spring Form, Bundt or tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool in pan about 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and finish cooling on wire rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar
- The beauty of this recipe is that the flavor combos are endless and only based on your imagination. So far I’ve tried Lemon, Cheesecake and Pistachio with great success.
- If you use the 3.5 ounce packages you can mix flavors also. Pistachio and cheesecake mixed together are YUMMY!
Originally posted March 31, 2018 / Updated April 18, 2023
Sounds like a treat from a tropical island! Thanks for sharing at the What’s for dinner party. Hope your week was amazing.
[…] Pineapple Sour Cream Pudding Cake by Chasing My Life […]