PAN SEARED CHICKEN with LEMON and CHIVE SAUCE
4 boneless, skinless thin sliced chicken breast steaks
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1 tablespoon avocado oil
2 tablespoons butter
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup +1 tablespoon WONDRA flour
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 shallot minced
1 tablespoon WONDRA flour
1 cup chicken broth
Juice of 1 LARGE lemon
1 tablespoon FRESH minced chives
1 tablespoon COLD unsalted butter
- Generously season chicken steaks with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Heat oil and butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Dredge chicken in beaten egg and the 1/4 cup flour, shaking off excess.
- Sear chicken breasts in skillet for 2 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken steaks to plate and keep warm.
- Add shallot and cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes until softened.
- Add the 1 tablespoon of flour and cornstarch, stirring to coat shallot 30 seconds or so.
- Slowly whisk in broth and bring to a simmer 5-10 minutes until reduced and slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and whisk in lemon juice, chives and butter.
- Season to taste.
- Serve over chicken.
[…] PAN SEARED CHICKEN with LEMON CHIVE SAUCE […]