We LOVE cookies and we LOVE pies around here, but with just the two of us pies are too big and cookies don’t always have the summer flavors we’re looking for. So, WHY not combine them into little cookie pies FULL of flavor AND the crunch of a cookie AND a streusel topping? You can also make your own sugar cookie dough and even use FRESH fruits, but why not go easy on that too?
COBBLER COOKIE PIES
Yield: 12 Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes
16 ounces package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1/4 cup sugar
1 can peach pie filling, chopped small***
3 tablespoon flour
2 tablespoons FINELY chopped oatmeal
3 tablespoon PACKED brown sugar
2 tablespoons COLD butter, chopped small
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 1/2-3 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Divide cookie dough into 12 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a ball and roll in sugar to coat.
- Fill a well-greased muffin tin with cookie dough balls and bake for 15 minutes.
- While cookie cups are baking, chop peach pie filling and prepare the streusel by combining the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and use a fork to blend until the mixture resembles large crumbs. Set aside.
- Remove cookie cups from oven; press the center of each cookie cup with the bottom of a small glass. I use a small prep bowl.
- Fill each with peach pie filling and top with a layer of streusel.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven, cool completely, and gently remove from muffin tin.
- Combine powdered sugar and milk; drizzle over cooled cookie cups.
***NOTES: Any flavor works, but for summer peach or apple is awesome. I also really like using blackberry or a black and blue berry combo! Today was a berry combo using strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.