CHEESY STUFFED CHICKEN
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 slices Provolone cheese
1/3 cup drained roasted red peppers, diced
1 slice crisp bacon per chicken breast, broken in half
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup WONDRA flour
2 tablespoons butter, melted
4-6 tablespoons of shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Coat baking sheet with foil and non-stick cooking spray.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket about 2-2 1/2 inches in the side of each chicken breast.
- Fill the pocket with a slice of cheese, bacon pieces and peppers.
- Secure the pocket with toothpicks, kitchen twine or silicone bands.
- Sprinkle each breast with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Dredge each breast in Wondra flour.
- Dip each breast in the egg and then the Panko crumbs.
- Place breasts on baking sheet.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Sprinkle each breast with a tablespoon of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes until browned and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove toothpicks, twine or silicone bands before serving.