PEA & BACON SALAD with FRENCH DRESSING adapted from Molly Yeh DRESSING
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
1/3 cup champagne vinegar
1 cup FRESH sliced mushrooms (optional)
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (optional)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 small onion, coarsely chopped
FRESH gound sea salt
- Blend together the ketchup, yogurt, vinegar, mustard, sugar, paprika, onion and salt to taste into a high-speed blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Use immediately or transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
4 slices bacon
6 ounces sugar snap peas, stringed and cut on the bias (about 3 cups)
2 cups diced rotisserie chicken pieces (optional)
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1 SMALL head butter lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
2 cups bite size torn romaine lettuce pieces
1/4 cup FRESH chopped Italian parsley leaves
Wedge of Parmesan, for grating
- Put the bacon in a large cold skillet and cook over medium heat until crisp, 5-7 minutes.
- Drain on a paper towel-lined plate, and set aside.
- Add the peas to the bacon fat, then sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper and cook over medium heat until they get a slight color, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Scatter the peas and herbs onto a bed of butter lettuce leaves.
- Crumble the bacon and scatter over the pea layer.
- Finish with a grating of Parmesan and a drizzle of dressing.
- Serve with more dressing on the side.
NOTE: This salad is another “kitchen sink” salad that allows for substitutions, deletions or additions to clean out the crisper drawer or leftover chicken.