CHICKEN CAESAR PASTA SALAD
Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 20 minutes Total Time 30 minutes
1 pound penne pasta (or large pasta shape of choice – cavatappi works well too), prepared al dente per package directions in salted water, drained WELL
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 cup Caesar dressing (you choose)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 LARGE lemon, juiced
2 cups micro greens of choice
1 cup container grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
1/2 cup FINELY shredded QUALITY Parmesan cheese
2 cups chicken grilled, diced or shredded (I use rotisserie chicken breast pieces)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Add sea salt and pasta then stir to prevent sticking.
- Return water to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and cook pasta according to directions on package until tender but still slightly firm.
- Drain then immediately rinse under cold water to cool pasta and stop cooking.
- Set aside to drain completely.
- Using a very large bowl, add Caesar dressing, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and lemon juice then stir to combine.
- Add chopped Romaine, grape tomatoes, Parmesan, black pepper and well-drained pasta then stir until ingredients are well coated.
- Add diced or shredded chicken then toss to distribute chicken evenly through salad.
- Season to taste with salt and additional black pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve.