BARBACOA BURRITO BOWLS with CILANTRO LIME RICE serves 8
2 1/2 pounds chuck roast, cut into 2 inch cubes
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup homemade bone broth
Juice of 2 limes
1 tablespoon pampered chef TEX MEX seasoning
1 red onion, halved and sliced thin
2 cloves garlic, minced
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
- Whisk together the broth, lime juice, vinegar and seasoning.
- Add beef chunks to pressure cooker.
- Pour broth mixture over top.
- Add pepperoncinis, garlic and onion slices.
- Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add lid and pressure rocker.
- Simmer with the rocker gently rocking for 40 minutes.
- Allow to steam to release naturally.
- Carefully open and remove beef chucks to cutting board.
- Shred beef with 2 forks.
- Strain broth and set aside.
NOTE: Chipotle seasoning with chipotle peppers are a great alternate flavor.
CILANTRO LIME RICE
1 1/2 cups long grain rice, rinsed
2 cups homemade bone broth
1 garlic clove, minced
1/3 cup FRESH chopped cilantro leaves
1 LARGE lime, juiced
- Add the rice, broth, garlic and half of the cilantro leaves to a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cooking until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
garnish toppings – sour cream, lime wedges, Cotija cheese, hot sauce…
- Fluff rice with remaining cilantro leaves and lemon.
- Divide rice into serving bowls, top with shredded beef, a drizzle of the strained broth and your favorite Tex Mex toppings.