This recipe is tender, juicy, looks elegant and pairs wonderfully with any green vegetable. It is truly my intention to try AT LEAST 1 recipe a week from my RECIPE SCRAPS. I now have one more scrap of paper gone!
CREAMSICLE CHICKEN – PAN SEARED CHICKEN with CREAMY ORANGE SAUCE serves 4
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (see notes)
3 tablespoons brandy
1 1/4 cups orange juice (see notes)
4 green onions, minced
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
6 ounce orange yogurt (see notes)
FRESH ground salt and pepper, to taste
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon water
scant tablespoon avocado oil
Orange slices for garnish
Jasmine rice, prepared per package
- Heat avocado oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Generously season chicken pieces with FRESH ground salt and pepper.
- Saute’ chicken breasts 2-3 minutes per side until golden.
Remove chicken to plate, tent with foil and keep warm.
- De-glaze pan with brandy.
- Add orange juice, garlic and green onions.
- Bring to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk together cornstarch with water.
- Whisk cornstarch mixture into yogurt.
- Whisk yogurt mixture into pan sauce and adjust seasoning.
- Simmer until thickened and cooked through.
- If you prefer 8 thighs can be substituted easily.
- I sometimes use a pineapple orange juice to alter the flavor a bit.
- YOPLAIT orange cream works beautifully.
What a very special chicken dish, it looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday,442 and come back soon!
Now the chicken sounds good – the name had me wondering! I was picturing frozen chicken on a stick, lol!! In all seriousness, Thanks for sharing at Fiesta Friday!
Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner party!
Thank you for sharing at #OverTheMoon. Pinned and shared.
Yum, that sounds and look really good.
Thank you – the recipe called for plain yogurt and grated orange peel, but I really wanted more orange flavor so I changed it up and it was soooo good. I think next time I might try the key lime 😀