It’s girl scout cookie season or at least it was when I made this cheesecake, not so much when I actually posted it. 😀 I have never seen a girl scout selling cookies here in this area though – not even sure there are any troops. 🙁 I do miss that! Since we can’t buy them, why not make our favorite flavor cookie into a RICH, CREAMY and YUMMY cheesecake? BEST OF BOTH WORLDS!!!!
40 chocolate wafer cookies
1/4 cup butter, melted
32 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
5 LARGE eggs
8 ounces FULL fat sour cream
1/4 cup AP flour
1 teaspoon coconut extract
3/4 cup caramel sauce
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1/4 cup chocolate sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Fill a roasting pan halfway with water and place on lower rack of oven.
- Use a food processor to crumble the chocolate wafer cookies.
- Wrap a 9 or 10 inch spring form pan with a double layer of heavy duty foil.
- Spray the inside of the spring form pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together the cookie crumbs and melted butter until well blended.
- Press crumb mixture into the spring form pan and 1 inch up the side of the pan.
- Chill 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl at medium speed cream the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Lower speed to low and add eggs, sour cream, flour and coconut extract for one minute JUST until blended.
- Pour into chilled spring form pan.
- Bake on center rack 1 hour and 10 minutes until center jiggles only slightly.
- Run a knife around the outer edge to loosed the cake.
- Let cool COMPLETELY on a wire rack.
- Cover with saran wrap and chill AT LEAST 8 hours or overnight.
- JUST before serving transfer to a serving plate.
- Spread the caramel sauce over the top of the cake.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce.