CREAMY WHITE BEANS
12 ounces dried white beans
1 medium onion, LARGE diced
5-6 cloves garlic, FINELY minced
1 sprig thyme
1 calabrian chile
2 cups baby spinach
- Rinse the beans.
- Add beans to a large pot and cover with 2 inches of water.
- Add onions, garlic, thyme and chile.
- Bring to a SLOW boil.
- Reduce to a simmer on medium-low.
- Simmer 50-60 minutes until beans are tender.
- Stir in spinach and season to taste.
SPICY HERB OIL
1/2 cup avocado oil
1 tablespoon FRESH minced thyme leaves
4 cloves garlic, FINELY minced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Heat oil in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat.
- Add thyme, garlic, red pepper flakes and fennel seeds.
- Cook until the garlic is golden and herbs are fragrant.
- Set aside.
- Puree about 2 cups of the bean mixture in a blender until smooth.
- Stir puree back into the beans.
- Transfer the beans to serving bowl.
- Pour spicy herb oil over top and serve with crusty bread.