This makes a PERFECT side dish and is also perfect for any BBQ, picnic, church social or potluck.
GREEN BEAN RADISH SALAD
2 pounds green beans, trimmed to 1 1/2 inch lengths
1 + 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
1 shallot, minced
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (optional)
1 teaspoon grated zest juice of 1 LARGE lemon
2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
1 LARGE garlic clove, minced
8 regular radishes, thinly sliced (or 1 LARGE watermelon radish, halved & sliced)
1/4 cup avocado oil
3 tablespoons FRESH minced dill or thyme
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
- Bring 4 quarts of water and 1 tablespoon of salt to a boil.
- Add ice and COLD water halfway to a LARGE mixing bowl.
- Add green beans to boiling water, cooking 5-6 minutes to tender crisp.
- Drain immediately and place beans in water bath to cool.
- Drain completely and spin dry or use a towel to dry.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard and shallot until well blended.
- SLOWLY whisk in oil until incorporated.
- Toss radishes, green beans and dill or thyme together with vinaigrette.
- Chill 2 hours before serving.
- Toss with almonds and season to taste with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper just before serving.