FLUFFY BUTTERMILK PANCAKES serves 6
2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
¼ cup extra fine granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 beaten LARGE eggs
2 cups FULL FAT buttermilk
¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon PURE vanilla extract
1 teaspoon QUALITY cinnamon
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda, whisking to combine.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, butter, salt and vanilla, stirring JUST until combined. Do not over stir or you will have flat pancakes.
- Set aside on the counter for an hour, or place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Ladle ¼ cup batter on a hot non stick skillet, over medium heat, cooking until pancakes are golden brown around the edge and bubble appear around the edges.
- Flip and cook until done.
- Serve with your favorite syrup or berries.