CHOCOLATE CHERRY TRUFFLES
11 ounces QUALITY white chocolate, broken into pieces
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon cherry Jell-o**
CandiQuick or Melting Wafers for decorating
Sprinkles for decorating
- In a small saucepan, heat whipping cream until warm.
- Add butter, stirring until melted.
- Stir in Jell-o.
- Add in chocolate pieces, stirring quickly and constantly until smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour until it begins to harden.
- When hard, scoop into balls on parchment paper lined baking sheet that fits in your freezer and freeze for about 30 minutes until VERY firm.
- Once firm, melt chocolate until smooth and creamy – about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds using the microwave.
- Use a small flat spatula or spoon to dip each ball in chocolate and place on wax paper to dry.
- Sprinkle with decorations immediately while chocolate is still wet.
- Keep refrigerated.
**NOTE: for non-Valentine holidays change up the cherry flavor for some variety. Also good with peach, raspberry and pineapple or any combo you can come up with I’m sure.