DECONSTRUCTED PORK EGG ROLL SALAD serves 2
1 + 1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin angularly – separate whites from greens
2 stalks celery, halved lengthwise and sliced thin angularly
2 ounces sweet chili sauce
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
3/4 pound ground pork
2 tablespoons Ponzu sauce (store bought or make your own – recipe below)
1 small package slaw mix (cabbage with shredded carrots and red cabbage)
Fresh Gourmet crispy wonton strips
salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add pork and white portions of green onions. Add a pinch of salt and cooking until pork is broken up and pink is gone.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Ponzu sauce and stir to mix well.
- Remove pork mixture and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon avocado oil to hot pan.
- Add celery, slaw mix and a pinch of salt and pepper, stirring for a couple minutes until celery is crisp tender.
- Add pork mixture bak to pan along with remaining Ponzu sauce and stir to mix well.
- Divide the mixture between bowls and top with crispy wontons and green onion tops.
- Drizzle sauce over top.
1/2 cup Bragg’s amino acids
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon mirin (sweet rice wine)
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Cover and chill.