BUTTERMILK CORNBREAD with SALTED HONEY BUTTER
1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup plus 3 tablespoons plain white cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch cast-iron skillet, and heat in oven 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together first 5 ingredients in a bowl; whisk in melted butter.
- Add eggs and buttermilk, whisking just until smooth.
- Pour batter into hot skillet. Bake at 400° for 30 to 33 minutes or until golden brown.
SALTED HONEY BUTTER
¼ pound (1 stick) unsalted butter, at cool room temperature
2 ½ tablespoons honey, preferably raw wildflower
1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- Using a mixer whip butter and honey together until smooth and fluffy.
- Fold salt in gently with a rubber spatula.
- Serve soft or at room temperature, with a few extra grains of salt on top.
Linking up to FULL Plate Thursday.