CAJUN HONEY BUTTER OR LEMON PEPPER SALMON & SHRIMP
Sweet and savory pan-seared salmon topped with sautéed shrimp in cajun butter sauce. Salmon New Orleans is an unforgettable meal.
4-6 ounce salmon fillets
FRESH ground salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled, de-veined
8 tablespoons butter, divided
2 tablespoons honey
LEMON PEPPER & SEA SALT seasoning
FRESH ground sea salt
Sweet Hungarian Paprika
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon onion salt
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
heaping ½ teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl whisk together all Cajun OR Lemon Pepper seasoning ingredients and set aside.
- Season the salmon with fresh ground salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add honey and whisk to combine (mixture should be bubbly).
- Add salmon fillets to pan and cook for 5-6 minutes, then flip and cook another 5-6 minutes until salmon is cooked through, flaky, and browned.
- Transfer salmon pieces to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining butter to the pan over medium-high heat. Once butter is melted, stir in cajun seasoning.
- Add shrimp to pan and saute’ until opaque, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve salmon topped with shrimp pieces.
- Drizzle any extra pan sauce over the top and garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
- Serve immediately.