This light and bright salad is oomphed up by FRESH basil, FRESH parsley and FRESH lemon juice to make this a spring favorite!
PORKY PIG FARMER’S MARKET SALAD
8 ounces pasta, bowtie or campagnelle
1 cup FRESH chopped green beans
2 cups sliced cherry tomatoes
2 cups chopped seeded cucumber
1 cup chopped red pepper
2 cups chopped ham steak
1 1/2 cups mozzarella balls
1 small red onion, chopped
1/2 cup FRESH chopped basil
1/2 cup FRESH chopped parsley
1/2 cup Avocado oil
1/4 cup champagne vinegar
Juice of 2 lemons
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon lemon zest
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons roasted sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- In a large saucepan bring salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add pasta and cook for 10 minutes.
- At 10 minutes add green beans and bell pepper cooking for 2 more minutes.
- Drain and rinse WELL with cold water.
- Transfer to a large salad bowl.
- Stir in tomatoes, cucumbers, ham, red onions and mozzarella balls.
- In a small bowl combine lemon juice, sugar, lemon zest, shallot, salt and pepper. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a small food processor add the lemon juice mixture, champagne vinegar, basil, parsley and oil, pulsing until well blended.
- Pour over pasta mixture. Toss to coat and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Add pasta mixture to the veggie mixture, sprinkle with seeds and toss to mix.
- Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.